The granddaddy of all fairs – the Lowa State Fair is here and it is time for that unending fun rides and a lot other things to happen. Giant turkey legs, screams of delight from the midway, sticky cotton candy hands – all these experiences come once a year from 10th-20th August and no one can deny loving it to the core. It is the perfect family getaway, so this time take your loved ones there and have a time of your lifetime. To make it easier for you, book hotel rooms online in advance to avoid the last minute rush.
General tips to keep in mind:
- The earlier you arrive, the more chances will you have at enjoyment. The later time of the day is usually crowded especially when there are concerts. If possible, plan your visit around the weekday, as weekends are mostly jam packed all the time.
- As per the rules, you are not allowed to bring food or water bottles with you, but you can carry empty ones and can fill them up while you are at the fairgrounds. This will save you money plus your kids will stay calm even during the heated time period.
- Make sure you lather up sunscreen and bring one bottle along for re-application as the Sun sometimes sucks up the enjoyment factor if you are burned up bad. You can consider wearing hat or scarves as well.
- To maintain the cleanliness, keep hand sanitizer with you along with the wipes. And when you have kids along, it is compulsory so that they don’t catch germs while having fun on a ride.
- For your convenience, take some cash with you. There are shops that accept cards and you will find ATM’s as well, but it becomes easier with the cash on hand sometimes.
- Take a stroller along for your young one as there is a lot of walking involved. Wear comfortable, breathable clothes and ditch those high heels as well.
- Plan your trip in advance. Check hotel reviewer sites, compare a few hotels and then make the bookings. Visit the fair’s website to know what you don’t want to miss. Also be prepared for any kind of sudden weather change. Keep a rain shield handy and one jacket as well if you plan to stroll until late.
- Live performances and demos only happen once so if you miss them, you miss them until next time. Make your schedule according to that.
- To ensure that you get the best of deals, check online hotel deals before you make the final bookings to get discounts.