Lake George is considered a famous family vacation destination in New York and there are numerous reasons behind that. The main being its beauty and the variety of activities and sports one can participate in. Spring is the quietest time whereas summer and fall attracts thousands of people for outdoor entertainment. Winters are famous for thrilling and enjoyable skiing opportunities and that is why there is no season that this place remains dull. So plan your Lake George holiday soon and check online hotel deals right away for early bird offers.
Here are some of the fun things to take part in while roaming around:
- Six Flags Great Escape is a place meant for adventure seekers as it features thrilling rides, live entertainment, deliciousfood and There are family and children rides as well so that nobody misses the fun. You can also find lazy river, wave pool and slides for water adventure.
- The Warren County Bikewayis a 9.4 mile paved trail which is used for running, walking, bicycling, etc. Along this trail you can spot kiosks with maps of various points of interests. This is a decent option to spend some quality time with your loved ones alongside having some fun.
- Fort William Henry Museum can help you take a step back in time and learn about great historical events. The guides there are dressed in 18th century military uniform and are really helpful and friendly. There is a Sutter Shoppe where you can purchase books, souvenirs, replica muskets, toys and candy.
- The Ultimate Elvis Festival started in 2004 and now has grown to a full-fledged entertainment of five days of Elvis Entertainment. It is a way to honor the music and life of Elvis Presley. So book your tickets in advance so that you can be a part of this exciting festival.
- Up Yonda Farm which portrays warm views of the Lake George offers indoor and outdoor activities along with public nature programs and hiking along woodland trails. There is a beautiful butterfly garden and a museum inside that garner a lot of attention from tourists and locals alike.
The number of activities here are endless but you have to make sure that you book hotel rooms online in advance by comparing few hotelson hotel reviewer sitesfor maximum fun. The other options that can be explored include cruising on a steamboat, visiting Adirondack Extreme Adventurepark, spending a relaxing afternoon in Shepard Park, and going to the Million Dollar Beach free of cost.