San Diego is a vacationer’s paradise that welcomes you to a near perfect temperature and sets the mood for an amazing holiday that you would never want to leave from. Be it your first time or the fifth, you will still find this place as exhilarating as anything else. So don’t just stick to the downtown area, get out and explore the coast as well. A beautiful place deserves a well planned vacation, so let us first go through a list of must see places.
San Diego Zoo
This is one of the biggest attractionshere with over 3000 animals representing close to 650 species. The enchanting landscape setting that replicates the animals’ natural habitats will give you a feel of real time jungle safari. Plan a morning trip to make the most of it and don’t forget to check the animals’ shows which are great attractions for kids.
It is a 1200 acre space displaying 17 museums and cultural institutions. The main ones are San Diego Museum of Man, Natural History Museum, Museum of Art, and History Centre. One day explorer ticket can get you admission to five museums, rest you can check on their website.
Tips to be a Smart San Diego Tourist
- Know the weather in advance as sometimes it may take an unwanted turn and can take you by surprise.
- Use the hotel guide available online to pick the right place for your stay. There are various hotel reviewer sites that also tell you about the landmarks nearby and you can book hotel rooms online based on that information. Compare few hotels to get great discounts.
- Make reservations in advance if the place allows. This will help you save money and avoid the last minute rush.
- Download a San Diego travel guide and know about the local places where you can shop cheap and save money. Sometimes the bigger does not always means better. You can still get quality if you choose the place wisely.
- Take your taste buds for a spin by trying all types of food. You should try eating at food stalls as they are cheaper than the fancy restaurants and offer great taste. Or ditch the usual culinary routine and head to the hip neighborhoods like North Park or Kensington for good restaurants that are budget friendly
All in all, a little planning can go a long way. Check online hotel deals in advance and make an itinerary accordingly to make the most of you trip.